Thursday, December 28, 2006

Introduction

6 years ago I made the decision to start an international adoption. I started out with the idea of China - I was too young at the time so I started looking at countries around China and found Kazakhstan. I found a homestudy agency and made an appointment and 2 days before my appointment decided to quit my job and go to medical school. So I canceled my homestudy and off to Arizona I went to become a doctor. I think I could probably yadda yadda yadda my 4 years in medical school. Some important things happened - I truly discovered who I am - I was born to be a doctor, I am so happy doing what I do. Although I wish I was only doing it 50 - 60 hours a week! I gave birth to an awesome little pumpkin, and my marriage of 8 years dissolved. That was really kind of sad and definitely worthy of its own post. Now 7 months into my residency, 4 months into my single motherness I am buying my first house all by myself and finishing up my dossier for my long awaited international adoption! This blog is designed to be a documentation of my journey to my new little pumpkin.

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power