Monday, January 15, 2007

The cutest hat


How cute is this hat? Sadly, I spent many hours trying to find a cute hat to buy for my new daughter. I had a hat in my mind and it took me a long time, but this is the hat. I looked for so long, I was actually very close to trying to learn how to knit. Fortunately, I found a great website - www.hipandlittle.com - that had my dream beanie. Yes, that's right, my dream beanie. This website has lots of cute stuff.
I start my vacation today - yeah, I am so excited to relax for at least a couple of days.
I am closing on my house in 2 weeks and that is very exciting for me also. Unfortunately, my house is in Alabama and I am in Arizona so it will be sitting empty for quite a while. I have to put an alarm in it, and I am thinking about trying to figure out how to put a time on the lights so I doesn't look too empty! I wish I could move in February! Oh well, the theme of my life right now seems to be waiting. It is fun to have lots of time to make fun plans and lists.
On Tuesday, I am heading to New Orleans to pick up my daughter from her dad's. I am so excited to see her. I know she has had lots of fun, but I like to think she missed me at least a little! I can't wait to see her at the airport. I am looking forward to doing some of our favorite New Orleans things - the Audobon zoo is a great zoo, the children's museum there is also really great. I haven't been to the aquarium since the hurricane, but I am looking forward to checking it out too. Of course, I am looking forward to King Cakes. King Cake season started a last week and they are delicious. The best king cakes in town - Manny Randazzo's. Just in case anyone is heading that way between now and Mardi Gras! YUMM. I went there to pick one up a couple of years ago during my lunch hour and they were out with a new batch due at 2. I decided to wait - it was raining and a line of people started forming outside the door. Eventually a cheerleading team showed up to pick up some king cakes. They started making up king cake cheers and doing a full on cheer leading routine. It was really fun - about 35 poeple standing in the rain waiting for king cakes and being led in king cake cheers. New Orleans really is a special place.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That IS the cutest hat ever! I'm so glad you found what you were looking for!

Tina said...

I love the hat too and have always loved brown and pink together.

Wow, you're involved in a lot of adventures right now. I hope you enjoyed a little quiet time for yourself while your daughter was at her dad's.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power