Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Officially getting excited

I am officially getting excited.....I guess the title of this post says it all. I actually started shopping this morning - I haven't bought anything yet....but I am starting to feel that shopping itch. The only thing that is stopping me (besides the looming 10K that is probably due in about 2 weeks) is that I don't know the age of my new daughter....less than 3 yo covers a lot of sizes! I think it was the email from my coordinator that said - relax one of the next three referrals we get will be your daughter. I know when I get that email with a little face attached to it I am going to freak out.
I have a lot of people to share things with in my life...it will be kind of lonely travelling over to meet my daughter face to face all alone. One of my good friends from medical school has talked about coming with me and I would love that, but it is a long trip and I will not be angry if the arrangements can't be made. It would be nice if other parents were over there adopting at the same time. That is one of the really nice things about the China program - parents travel in groups so there is a little community that experiences it with you. I know a lot of the people on the Yahoo message board have talked about travelling in April....I hope I can travel when some other people are there. I may be getting ahead of myself....I hope I get a referral first! I may have a little too much time on my hands right now to think about shopping and packing lists and travel dates. The thing I most want is a little girl's face and name to focus all of this excitement on.

5 comments:

tina said...

Oh man, I am SO right there with you. I feel the need to drop about a grand on developmental toys and everything pink and soft. Get me that picture!!!

Shannon said...

I got that same e-mail! I still can't relax and believe it's true, though!! I, too, have been thinking it would be pretty cool to travel with others.

Michelle said...

Shannon - it sounds like we are on the same time table send me a private email so we can gab! dr.mommy72@yahoo.com.

michelle

Paul and Heather said...

Shannon,
I just got your post on my blog oliviapeters.blogspot.com about the adoptions t-shirts for Mom's. how cute! Thanks so much.
I added your blog to my fav's so I can follow your story! best of luck with your adoption!
heather

Paul and Heather said...

I feel your pain. I am in the China program, and while it is nice to travel with a group of people, we are being told possibly 2 years until referral. That means my baby might not even be concieved yet...WOW!
I am holding my breath with you...and hoping your referral comes this week!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power