Tuesday, January 23, 2007

SNOW in TUCSON!

My goodness - it snowed in Tucson. 2 inches of snow on our cars and one happy 3 year old throwing snow balls at me! She jumped up and down screaming "Snow, Snow, Snow - look mommy I have snow". Unfortunately, I did not have a camera...of course we did not have a winter coat either - but we did have gloves, hot chocolate and mini marshmallows and chicken noodle soup! I don't even think I can count the number of times my daughter said she was a snowman and had to go eat some soup to melt. Who knew that campbell's soup commercial had made such an impact!
Of course, on Monday the entire city was shut down because it was almost freezing and there was snow on the ground within the previous 12 hours....all of the bridges were closed. I could understand this reaction if Tucson was a place full of people who had never driven in snow but probably 75% of everyone who lives here now is a transplant from a snowy - wintery state!
I must admit - i was not happy about scraping ice off of my windows!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi! I am new to your blog. My boyfriends parents live in tucson and we viited for Christmas. There was snow on top of Mt. Lemmon and that alone amazed me!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power