Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Switching Plans

I have been super sleep deprived for the last 2 weeks. I was on call last night and did not get much sleep. Today when I finally got home (32 hours later) I was too tired to sleep. I just sat in the bathtub trying to unwind and just let my mind digest what my family will be like with a son. I had gone into this adoption with the idea of two little girls and since I decided to open up my referral to a little boy I haven't had time to do any daydreaming. Although, as you know, I have had time to look for cute little boy hats! So today was dedicated to thinking about having a son....names, clothes, plans. It was so exciting. I am so excited about a son and I am so glad that I have switched my plans. Of course, my referral could still be a girl and I would be happy (plus I already have the hats). I really feel newly invigorated about the whole process....I was beginning to get bogged down with the waiting process...it was starting to be almost oppressive. Now it is more like waiting for Christmas or a trip to Disneyland.
My daughter is also very excited about the idea of a little brother - she wants to name him RockyToe. Ummmm why I don't know but I am thinking I will have to override that one!

2 comments:

Tina said...

I like rockytoe!!! I think Suzannah and Lillianna would get along famously!

Michelle said...

I am sure you are right! Maybe if you spell rockytoe a little differently it could work....Raquito or something like that!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power