Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Oh the joys of waiting

I still have absolutely no idea about travelling. I was supposed to hear last night about what the new process is going to be for my agency.....but I got nothing! Strangely though, I am OK with that. I will just wait it out. I was hoping to maybe be able to go for my first trip around mother's day and I found a pretty good flight. I will just wait.

Now I must vent about the CRAZY people I have to work with! I don't usually talk about work much - although I kind of intended this blog to have some posts about being a surgical intern and a single mom....there really aren't that many of us out there! Although I am going into anesthesiology next year, so I don't REALLY count as a surgery resident! I had a feeling going into this year of surgery that it might make me a little more....ummmm...bitchy really is the word. There is a lot of work to be done and not a lot of time to do it. I have a low tolerance for people who are not clear and concise in their requests of me. Tell me what you need, give me all of the information and I will get it done. I don't think that is asking too much on a professional level! There is a woman physician who works with one of the medicine teams where I am now that is working my last nerve!!!!! She calls me for consults - in other words, she is taking care of patients that she feels have surgical issues. Her job is to work up the patients and determine what medical problems they have - if during that work up she finds a surgical problem - she calls me to evaluate them. She has been calling me for the last 2 days on patients that she doesn't know any information on that have not had appropriate testing and that DON"T have surgical problems. She is wasting my time and making me very bitchy.
I don't like being bitter and angry at the incompetency of others...particularly because I know that I am also very inexperienced and there is much left for me to learn. The annoying incompetency of others makes me angry and stressed out and makes me long for this year to be over!!!! Maybe I will place a countdown clock.
I feel I must say, though, that I have really, really enjoyed doing a surgery intern year. I have learned a lot and highly recommend it.

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power