Sunday, May 20, 2007

Insomnia


While I was in Kyrgyzstan, my daughter was staying with her Dad in New Orleans. Well, she is still there until June 4th. I know she is having a good time....but I get a bad case of insomnia when she is gone. For those 2 of you who have been reading my blog since I started it......she was gone then and I didn't get much sleep then either! She is just super cute and full of love and cuddliness.
I emailed pictures of zeb to her dad's email account and he showed them to her. She wanted to hear him baby talk. When I talked to her tonight she kept asking me to put zeb on the phone so she could hear him baby talk. It was cute.
I am in full - on unpack and repack mode for my move in 5 weeks. There are a ton of things in my life right now that are super overwhelming. My upcoming move, child care after the move (ACK!), the interminable waiting for Zeb to come home, and really how I have managed to keep everything together throughout this year.
I am feeling alittle bit out of control. The out of controllness feeling started in March while I was on Trauma - I was very busy at work, then I got my referral and all of the crazy emotional rollercoaster of April and my referral weirdness, then more super busy work and then travelling. Now moving and trying to figure out how Zebastian is going to get home and what in the world I am going to do for childcare in Alabama! How in the world I am going to get to Alabama - there are so many plans to be made and lists to be written and all I want to do is watch the Hero's marathon on the scifi channel and drink Diet Dr Pepper!
I was hoping to win the powerball today - but my 2 quickpicks didn't pan out! I read a statistic that you are more likely to get struck by lightening TWICE than win the powerball. At least I didn't get struck by lightening.
I met a little girl at the babyhouse who was referred to a couple at another agency - I think about her a lot. She is very, very sweet. I sent a little email and some pictures to their coordinator. I hope that they decide to accept her and give her a bunch of love. The agency said that they sent the email and my contact info to the couple. I hope they get in touch with me. The little girl is in the same group as Zeb and I would like to stay in touch. I also want to know that she has found a family - she really, really needs one. I even tried to brainstorm today how I could find a way to adopt her if the family considering her turns down the referral. Of course, there is no way financially - maybe I will buy some powerball tickets for Wednesday! Funny how some things stay with you.

5 comments:

Shea said...

I totally understand... we weren't home 1 month before I was emailing our coordinator about some of the children in X's group... the memory of walking into his group and having all of them call out "Mama" and recognize me (from the photo album I had sent) still gives me goosebumps....

lara said...

I would be the same id want to bring them all home, ever child deserves a home after all its heartbreaking knowing millions havent.

Mala said...

All those kids who need and deserve a home... and yet it's so hard; the hoops, the red tape, the insanity of the process! Anybody seen a dossier around here?......

Julie & John Wright said...

It is a hard thing to spend time with the kids in the orphanage then have to leave. I can't wait to return to visit with them again.
john

Kara said...

Not sure how you're managing to hold up through this whirlwind of a year, but it'll all be worth it. Hang in there! I think it will be hard for me too not to worry and wonder about the other children left behind.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power