Monday, May 14, 2007

silly things about London

So there were a few more things I wanted to say about my 8 hours in London. The first is that Heathrow is sooooo much smaller than I thought it was going to be. WHile I was there - the very first store in the airport that I saw was a Starbucks. I love starbucks...I suspect they rule the planet although I have no direct evidence to support that assertion.

There are little internet kiosks you can pay for internet time either with a credit card or money and I used my credit card, but I had to type in my number and my expiration date and all of that info appeared on the screen while I was typing it. I tried to hide it and look around - but now I am living with the fear that someone wrote down the number and is charging their way across Europe. I quit using that credit card just in case. I don't want to cancel it because I only have a little bit of room on my other one.....now I am living dangerously!

I did, of course get something form Starbucks and tried to study a little. Seriously, though I don't think I retained anything about the pharmacodymanic and kinetics of anesthetics! It took me like 45 seconds to even remember what I was trying to learn!

I don't remember if I already posted this - but the British Airways flight from DFW to London gave little packets with a toothbrush and toothpaste - hurrah. Unfortunately, I was so traumatized at making the aisle seat giant stand up that I didn't go to the bathroom to use it!

I did pack some of those little Pond's cleansing wipe and exfoliater wipees to clean my face while I was travelling and they are sooooo awesome! I highly recommend them. I wish I would have gotten those little dipsosable toothbrush scrubby things. It was awesome to be able to wash my face (and exfoliate) without water and as many times as I wanted while flying. It is a must have!

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power