Saturday, July 28, 2007

One more week

I am frantically trying to get my life organized....still! I can't believe how completely disorganized I am. After all of the rave reviews for the Hotel Otrar (sarcasm) I decided to try to book us rooms at the Hotel Grand Eurasion or something like that at Kaztourism.com because my friend and fellow bishkek adoptive parent recommended it. However, I haven't heard back from them and I haven't yet booked anything else...so we could be staying on the street in Almaty for 2 nights - yippee!
Work is beating me down for sure - i feel like an idiot about 98% of the time I am at work and that sucks.
My daughter is going to her dad's tomorrow for the next 3 weeks. I am going to miss her terribly - but I am going to have time to get some stuff done at the house and actually start preparing a nursery for Zeb! I am anticipating nursery by Wednesday. I am such a dreamer.
I have so much more going on - I will blog about that during my 9 hour layover in London in a week...OMG I am soooo unprepared for Zeb to come home. you would think I would be totally prepared. My move and all of the changes has really thrown me into a tailspin. UGGGG.

I will remain calm.

11 comments:

Shea said...

We had less life changes than you (no moves, no new job) and we still weren't prepared for the boys... I'm still discovering I'm not prepared for the boys!! Mostly kidding there... but some days I have to question my sanity!!

I'm so excited for you! I was beginning to lose all hope of an update :) I can't wait to see pics of Zeb at HOME!!

Jackie said...

Breathe, Michelle. Breathe. I can't believe the time is almost here for you to bring your little man home. Everything will come together. Take care and stay strong.

Mala said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! Can't wait to hear about all about your adventure!

A Pawn In This Game Called Life said...

I can't believe you have less than a week to go. It seems like just yesterday you started that counter with 60 days....

Michelle said...

I feel like I have been waiting forever - but the last 60 days has gone by sooooo fast - I can't even believe it. I have got to get so much done!
Oh shea - I know that I am totally insane....no question about it!

Kara said...

What? Taner hasn't replied yet? He usually replied the next day. Maybe you can book with the hotel directly somehow. I've also heard good things about Hotel Kazakhstan, but it's not close to the consulate. Good luck!

And I can't believe you're traveling so soon already. You will have a great time and you don't need that much to be prepared anyway (I'm discovering). It'll all work out.

Mala said...

4 MORE DAYS!! YEAH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am 33 year old 2nd year medical student. I used to be an assistant professor at UAB school of nurse anesthesia. My career as a CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist), I have good hours and and earn around 200k a year. When my husband and I tried to conceive a family of our own for 6 years, we were faced with unexplained infertility. I became involved with KenyaRelief.org. This organziation built and orphange and medical clinc to treat orphans. My initial purpose for attending medical school was to go back and become a pediatric intensivist. That way when i do medical missions i could have specialized training in pediatrics and offer more to the orphans. During my time in medical school, the thought of adoption started to come back and the question do i want to complete 7 more years medical school/residency? How did you tackle adoption and motherhood in school/residency? What about the costs of these? These are the huge reasons why i want to leave. I just do not see how is would be possible to do these goals along with medicine? Then i come upon your website and see your accomplishments. What is your opinion on this should if finish medicine or go back now and start my family? please feel free to contact me @ lstevenscrna@gmail.com

The Stevens said...

Oh yeah! Congrads on your new addition!

Jackie said...

3 more days and counting ;) How's it going? How are you feeling? Ok, keep us posted (when you can). Wishing you all the best!!

KazTourism said...

Dear Madam,
I am owner of Kaztourism Travel and feel very annoyed with what you wrote that we did not reply you. I am usually in my office till 01:00 AM, in order to reply coming requests regularly. May be you might have sent your email to a wrong place, as you mention of "kaztourism.COM" but my domain ends with ".KZ" extension.
Regards,
Taner Aktekin
www.kaztourism.kz

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power