Monday, October 22, 2007

A year

So it was just about this time last year I decided to take the plunge and start my adoption. There is just something about October that makes me want to have kids......it is the apple cider, or the cool evenings, or maybe the half price school supplies!
I wish that I would have started my blog when I started the process instead of waiting until December. If I had done that I could have gone back and seen what I was doing and thinking on the day Z was born. How cool would that have been?! I suppose I could go back and look at the emails I sent on November 28th and see what was up in my life....I think I will do that...hold on..

ok I only have 2 emails received on Z's birthday. One was from Tina through the yahoo forum - she was explaining the timeline of waiting for her referral and waxing poetic about her homestudy visit. I bet she was also baking a cake for her daughter! I did not post a single thing on the yahoo forum that day! Amazing....the way I blather on these days! I also have an email from Fed Ex saying that my shipment (eyes wide open) had shipped. However, I did see that I opened my yahoo account on October 21st last year. I did it because my previous email address was way toooo long and complicated!

HAHA - there is also an unsubscribe me email from the other kyrgyzstan adoption forum because I had decided to adopt from Guatemala....hahaha. The day my son was born I decided to adopt from Guatemala - that is funny. I guess I am real glad that didn't work out.

Now I am rambling.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

What a great idea...I need to look back and see what I was doing on the day my Little Squirt was born.

BTW, Zeb will be turning 1 during my trip to bring my daughter home.

Wow!!

Mom to 2 Angels said...

I looked back on my email to see if I was doing anything exciting on our little one's birthday...nope, nothing. I was probably planning her brother's Chuck E. Cheese Party since his b-day is 10 days after hers. It is crazy to think about all that took place that day and we were living oblivious on the other side of the world!

Tasha said...

I love the idea of keeping a journal to look back at what was happening in your life when your child, half way across the world, was born.

Tasha said...

One last thing.. I was wondering if it would be okay for me to add your blog to my blogroll. Just drop me an email if it's okay.

tina said...

OF COURSE I emailed you that day! Now I'm going to have to go and do that for Izzy. What a great idea.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power