Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tagged

So...it appears that there has been an epidemic of taggings in the kyrgyzstan adoption world and I have been tagged......unfortunately for y'all.....I actually do have 100 posts on my blog so I am required to come up with 100 interesting facts about myself. The unfortunate part is that I don't think i am 100 things interesting....I really am only about 8 things interesting.





100. when i was 17 I cut my long brown hair short and dyed it black before a school dance and a bunch of boys asked me to dance because they thought i was a new foriegn exchange student


99. When i was a senior in High school, I snuck out of my house to fly to Houston to see the band The Cure


98. I chose my college because of it's cool logo - for no real reason that makes sense - it was Smith College in Northampton, Mass.


97. I was an college music junkie in college and was the music director at my college station


96. my picture was in rolling stone magazine once with dave grohl and chris noveselik from Nirvana.


95. I never drank any alcohol during high school


94. In college I was a research assistant for a sociologist doing women's studies research and learned that up until 1976 a woman who didn't take her husband's last name was not allowed to vote in the state of texas.


93. I was a sociology major and originally wanted to go to Bowling Green for grad school in pop culture studies.


92. I bought a guitar somewhere in Indiana and decided I wanted to be in a punk rock band when I was a sophomore in college.


91. my band booked our first gig before we knew any songs or had amps (or a drummer)


90. I had my navel pierced from 1992 until I had my daughter in 2003


89. I have a 6 inch dragon tattoo on my right arm (over my biceps-ish)


88. I have an MBA that I got from the university of phoenix while working in new orleans.


87. I was a craps dealer for 3 years


86. Even though I am old now - I still kick ass at Galaga.


85.I have a really hard time keeping friends long term - I hear from one high school friend every once in a while, no college friends and no friends from my missing years in New Orleans.


84. I actually loved eating MRE's after Hurricane Katrina


83. I was once robbed at gunpoint


82. I never had to wear a bra until after I had my daughter


81. I breast fed my daughter until she was 3 yo....yes that is totally 3rd world - I know.


80. In 2001 and 2002 I sponsored a little girl in an orphanage in Ust- Kamengorsk, Kazakhstan by sending her little gifts and pictures. She aged out of the orphanage in 2003 and I still have all of her pictures and letters and keep hopelessly believing that someday I will be able to find her and see if she is OK.


79. I want to someday write a novel - maybe next November I will do the novel in a month thing.


78. I used to dance in an Isadora Duncan Repertory Theatre company - which I totally loved.


77. I want to go to law school someday (after I pay off my student loans)


76. I was strangely attached to a gold fish named terrence that died near the same time as my grandmother and I will never again have fish as a pet.


75. I grow my hair ridiculously long and straight and every 18 months I cut it off for locks of love


74. I bite my fingernails - in fact, I am biting them right now


73. I totally love the jewelry that my husband has given me and don't care how retarded expensive it was even though I should be furious about spending that much money


72. Bikini Kill is still my favorite band


71. i can't believe that anyone is really reading these random 10o things about me


70. I was bullied and beat up when I was in middle school and it really sucked


69. I was a girl scout until high school


68. I went to girl scout camp in missouri at Camp Mintihama and it totally ruled - if I hadn't moved away I would have been a girl scout forever to keep going to that camp.


67. When i get a cold I cry at ridiculous things on tv - like dog food commercials


66. Babes in Toyland is still my second favorite band.


65. In high school, my friend Kate and I would drive to Wichita to play a video game called Truxton that had previously been at a convenient store in Emporia - but that had been moved. I later bought a sega genesis because they had that game.


64. My dad once gave an exboyfriend of mine a car so that he would leave.


63. That exboyfriend also took the sega genesis and the truxton video game!


62. I wear scrubs everyday to work and never wear make-up.


61. I am a total cinna-melts junkie (the McDonald's cinnamon roll treat)


60. I cried when I figured out who the newest members of the Lajoy family are going to be

59. I went to 3 different Kindergardens

58. I got the chicken pox on April Fool's day when I was 5yo - it was a great way to wake my dad up that morning!

57. My favorite christmas movie is Holiday Inn

56. I am a total science fiction junkie - but my husband is a bigger one

55. I was in debate and forensics in high school and though I don't really remember being any good at or even liking it that much - I still did it all four years of high school.

54. I didn't decide I wanted to be a doctor until after I graduated from college - so I went back and took all of my med school prerequisites at Washburn University in Topeka, Ks and then at the University of New Orleans.

53. I went to an osteopathic medical school becuase I thought I would really like to do osteopathic manipulation.....but I don't.

52. I truly hated living in the desert.

51. I have tried to send out christmas cards every year for the last 7 years and have yet to actually get it done. This year we even got pictures taken - but didn't get them ordered in time!

50. I have had pets almost consistently since I was in 3rd grade and don't have one living with me now....and I love having furniture that doesn't smell like dog. I know it won't last too much longer - but I love it.

49. I was in a ponderosa commercial when I was like 3yo - I think it ran once!

48. I hate all vegetables....except ketchup!

47. I believe in birthday week - you get to celebrate your birthday for an entire week.

46. I like to read Martha Stewart magazines and real simple magazine - although there is absolutely no evidence of their influence in my surroundings!

45. In college I worked for a vintage (second hand) clothing shop for store credit and had the hugest cheapest and coolest wardrobe.

44. I also had purple hair and my favorite - pill box red hair.

43. I had a super cool electric blue 1979 mg midget in high school - that ran about 40% of the time.

42. The first records I ever bought were in 1981 - the Grease soundtrack and Donna Summer's greatest hits.

41. I had super cool tennis shoe roller skates in 1981 and roller skated all of the time. I haven't been roller skating since 1994 - but I am ready to go!

40. I met my husband on eharmony.

39. we actually bought each other almost the exact same christmas present this year and had to return one.

38. I love feng shui and used to have my old house totally in tune with it - but I haven't had time to apply it's principles to this house.

37. I used to only drink Coke but I converted to Diet Dr. Pepper last year....it really does taste like regular Dr Pepper. Sometimes I try the caffeine free diet dr pepper....but that just tastes like swamp water.

36. I love Italian food and could eat pizza every night of my life and be happy

35. When I was applying for medical school if I didn't get in my alternate plan was to go to the big cat training school in Oregon that had some ridiculous reality show on the animal planet in 2001. I think I knew I was going to get in.

34. I love to shop at Ann Taylor - even though I literally wear scrubs everyday.

33. I have 6 toes on my left foot.....just kidding I am just running out of things to write.

32. I have reached the age where I totally want a mini van...I want the one with cool captain's seats that turn to face a table and sattelite tv.

31. Even when the kids aren't here - I still like to watch the cartoon network - I love Foster's home for imaginary friends and billy and mandy.

Seriously, I just can't think of 100 things. I wil try to think of 30 more things but I am tapped and it has taken me like 3 weeks to come up with these! Ithink everyone who blogs that I follow has already been tagged so I don't tag anyone.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

How about... when you were a senior in high school your ex-boyfriend spray painted our driveway and lit it on fire... that was interesting... you can ask if you want more... :)

LaJoy Family said...

Awwww...Michelle...thanks for your tears. I find myself crying at odd moments over the whole thing right now too :-) Cindy

Suzanne said...

Your dad gave your exboyfriend a car so he would leave???? That's brilliant! I'm going to have to remember this one, should Melon Popsicle ever date a loser.

-Suzanne

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power