Friday, January 11, 2008

PostPlacement

So I got an email about postplacement reports that is totally confusing. I hired an agency in Alabama to do my first 3 postplacement reports that require an agency and paid for it. I had my first one done and then I get an email that has this form I have to fill out and send to someone to interpret and then get notarized and mail to Kyrgyzstan. I have no idea if I need to have an agency do it or what. In addition to that one of the questions on the form I have to fill out is how am I educating Zeb about his kyrgyzstan heritage. He is 15 months old - he has some playing blocks with russian letters on them....that is about it. He has some felt toys from Tsum. Any ideas on ways to educate a 15 months old on his Kyrgyzstan heritage? And no I refuse to do anything that has to do with mare's milk!

In other adoption news, we are meeting with a lawyer to finally get zeb readopted in alabama. it actually is very easy to do the readoption in the county I live in. All I need to do is bring the forms to the county courthouse and copy them and give them to the clerk. She will send them to Montgomery and it is done. At least that is what she says. We are just going to use a lawyer because I think that the fact that all of my homestudy and background check was done in Arizona might throw a kink in the works....also, Keith is going to do a step parent adoption, and finally, even though he has been Zebastian in all of the paperwork I sent....his name was spelled with an S on all of his Kyrgyzstan adoption paperwork and we need to change it to a Z. It is hard to be "Z" and "Zeb" when your name is legally spelled with an S! So hopefully we can get all of that stuff done.

We are still counting the days until Alabama thinks we have been married long enough to be good parents so we can start our next homestudy - it would be nice if we can cut out the agency postplacements and apply that $670 to our homestudy - I am kind of keeping my fingers crossed about that!

I have been so busy - I checked my email today and had 340 unread messages. I can not believe how crazy busy the kyrgyzstan yahoo forum is. When I was in process I would check that forum 20 times a day jonesing for some PAP contact and it is sooooo hopping now I am just jealous! I suppose that also means there are a lot more people adopting from Kyrgyzstan which is awesome - but it seems the wait times have blown up too. I really had such a wonderfull experience I am so glad that more kids there will have opportunities to find families.

It is so funny, sometimes I am feeding Z and I can't believe he is here and that we have this little guy who was born so far away. Then I think how totally insane I was to start an adoption as a single mom working as a surgery intern living with my parents and really with no extra money except an old 401K. I was seriously delusional and somehow it all worked out sooooo wonderfully. The whole time I knew it would - even though there was absolutely no evidence of that! I guess going with your gut is sometimes a really good thing!

1 comment:

A Pawn In This Game Called Life said...

Hey - I just read your 100 (well 70) things and saw that you wanted to go to Bowling Green! I am BGSU alum (undergrad and grad). Small world. I didn't realize it even had a reputation outside of the Tri-state area!

Lori

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power