Monday, May 26, 2008

The Beach



We had our first official family vacation last weekend. We spent the weekend at the beach in Destin, Fl. It was really only a day at the beach. We left Friday after work and got there late- about 10pm and then had to leave around 11am on Sunday. It was really fun though. we spent saturday morning on the beach, then had lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon at the kid's splash garden and the swimming pool. Everyone was exhausted by dinner time. Pizza and lights out early! We did early morning and sunset walks on the beach. It was very relaxing. It is amazing how much stuff we packed for basically one day at the beach. The stow and go feature of the minivan is amazing. It was unbelievable how much stuff we stuffed into that van! It reminded me how much I really like the beach. It has been a long time since I had been to the beach - but it was soooo nice. I think I enjoyed it so much because it was early in the year and there weren't a lot people there, it wasn't too hot. However, one shoulder is peeling right now and O's face got burnt and peeled. L and Z are my little tanning machines - not a sunburn on them. I did use sunscreen - but we got the spray on kind and that stuff stinks. I have the weirdest distribution of tan on my legs and arms from the scatter! We will go old school with our sunscreen next time we head to the beach. Hopefully it will be sometime later in the summer.

2 comments:

The Stevens said...

Love the pics! Looks like you guys had a great time!! I know the kids loved the beach! I cant wait to get back home and go back to those beaches! AL/FL Panhandle beaches are still one of my favorites in the world! Hey we have a beach condo in PCB...
http://resortcondoservices.com/UnitsforRent/tabid/267/agentType/View/PropertyID/35/Default.aspx
if you ever want to use it, let me know...We will hook you up with a good rate!!!

Enjoy your summer!

Monica said...

LOVE your beach and zonked out pic especially! How nice that you got to get away even if it was only for one day at the beach.
:)
Monica

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power