Sunday, June 29, 2008

I am tooo old



Isn't this a great house? I have been trying to sell it for about 10 months now. It is my house in Birmingham or as I like to call it....the albatross around my neck. I finally got off my lazy butt and rented it. Now, I am a Dr., a mom, a wife, an employer and a landlord. Last year at this time ...I was a mooch living off my parents....ok it wasn't that bad but close!

I really do love the house - it is just the right size for me and L and Z and it is only like 10 minutes from work. But lucky for me there are significantly more people in my family now (or soon to be).

I am sooo huge - I officially have 7 more weeks of miserable fat-ness but every morning I wake up now and cross my fingers that today is the day. I am truly hugely miserable. Thank goodness I am now finished with the month in the ICU. Waking up at 345am every morning and hauling my big stomach to work then working 32 hours straight every fourth day was starting to take it's toll! It is amazing the things you can do when you have to do them though. I was not optimistic about being able to make it through this grueling month while pregnant - but somehow I just did it. Believe me, it was grueling, but I know that I am lucky to be where I am and I certainly appreciate the amazing opportunities I have had in my life.

The second exciting benefit of having finally rented my house is that now we have enough money to start working on our homestudy to readopt Zeb. We had to wait a year after Keith and I got married to start that so that we can readopt him together. My original homestudy was done in Az as a single mom, so some things had changed.

There has been some discussion on the benefits of readopting in the US - Z came home on the IR-3 visa (I think that's right) the 2 trip one so he has his citizenship and social security card. I want him to be able to get copies of a birth certificate should he need one for something later. I can't tell you how many times I have had to send away for a certified copy of my birth certificate for some stupid thing.

1 comment:

Brand New Mama said...

I am so not looking forward to that hugely miserable stage! Right now I am still enjoying the eating for two stage, which will in turn cause me to be hugely miserable, but what can I say? The baby's hungry!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power