Friday, July 18, 2008

the bright side....

OK since I was a big whiny baby, today while visiting Ben....Keith and I decided to list some of the positive things that have come out of our NICU experience.

1. Z was born at 32 weeks and spent time in the NICU - so although his birth weight was higher than Ben's we can appreciate his experience. Although, he didn't have anyone to visit him!
2. K and I have seen soooo much of each other in the last 2 weeks. We have probably spent more time together sitting in the car and sitting in the NICU together than we have spent together ever....except maybe for our trip to Bishkek. It has been really nice.

3. We have really been reminded that we need to slow down our lives and just enjoy each other's company as well as enjoy down time with our family. It gets so easy to get wrapped up in work (especially me!) and to get wrapped up in moonlighting to raise extra money. It is really easy for Keith to overschedule his time (I know you are reading this and you know it is true!!!) This whole NICU has reminded me that we have to prioritize down time no matter how hard it may be for us to actually do!

So from here on out...I will remind myself to prioritize my down time!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

YAY downtime! It's the most important time of the day!

Shannon said...

AMEN to that - we all need a little reminder sometimes, don't we? You are not whiney, though - just a very busy, very loving, very exhausted new momma! Hang in there girl - we're behind you all the way (virtually anyway).

LaJoy Family said...

Sad that certain events make us realize that we don't need to always be on the go...I have not yet won the battle on that one myself. I am glad that Ben is doing well, and don't worry about being whiny, we all deserve that from time to time! Hang in there, he'll be home soon!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power