Thursday, July 31, 2008

Calling all nannies!

Last night our totally awesome and wonderfully laid back nanny gave us one week's notice. She is a teacher and was offered a job at one of the local middle schools starting on August 6th! I am off next week to take care of L starting school, but I am a little worried. We really liked our last nanny, and when she had to quit we were freaking out...but our current nanny was soooo much better for the kids especially L. She is just really laid back ( but not a push over). When L would misbehave, she would go into time out and her frog would drop to the bottom log. Our first nanny would have a total freak out if L misbehaved.
Anyway, so we are now looking for a new nanny who can start right away and is comfortable with an apnea monitor on Ben....good luck right! I am not going to hyperventilate.

Today is L's birthday...she is 5yo. Last night before she went to bed, she expressed to me her belief that when she woke up today she was going to be as big as a 5 year old. I remember having that thought when I was a kid....that when I woke up on my birthday, I would have grown overnight. It was funny. I am decorating a Wall-E cake after work today and hopefully will have it done by dinner time. I baked the cake last night so it is all ready to go. I bought several different colors of frosting that just need the little Wilton's decorating attachments put on...I am hopefull...and I am not going to hyperventilate.

So if anyone knows a good nanny in the birmingham area that is looking for a job.....

3 comments:

Lisa B and Family said...

Happy Birthday, your daughter shares her day with my (now) 12 yo son!
Good luck in the nanny hunting. I hope you find the perfect match.

Michelle said...

Thanks Lisa, I need all the luck I can get for the nanny hunt! I wonder if your 12yo son is as overdramatic and comical as my daughter...maybe it is a leo thing!

Mala said...

There better be pictures of this cake!
Happy Birthday!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power