Sunday, October 12, 2008

bad mommy no pictures

I still don't have any pictures...I have been frantically reading and studying anesthesia everyday and it is just a struggle to stay one step ahead of the house disasters that occur while our Nanny is there. There has been more child related destruction to our house in the last 2 months than in the last 2 years. There is crayons on walls, chocolate milk on walls and floors, gouges in walls, crayons on appliances. It is also truly amazing how much food and soda 2 two year olds, a 4 month old and one nanny can consume. Of course, my 2 year old is not consuming any soda.....if I find out he is it will be the very last straw! Seriously, the nanny goes through like 12 cans of soda a day. I wouldn't mind the food and soda if I didn't have to scrub dried on chocolate milk off of my wood floors yesterday instead of spending time playing with my kids...I have vented..but I am looking for a new nanny because my house can't take much more destruction. UGGGG.

I was on call friday night and had a workshop until noon on Saturday and now I am on call today...so it has been a busy weekend and my housekeeping has suffered. I was able to catch up a lot on it yesterday...but there is a lot to go. I fell behind last weekend too because we super cleaned out our garage...it went from so much stuff we haven't been able to park in there ... ever to being a carpetted room with table games, shelves and desks. We also have a full size bed in there we need to gussy up into a daybed. There is a lot of gussying up that needs to occur in there. Unfortunately, this weekend is 100% working weekend and next weekend is our first full family camping trip ( with a 4 month old and an apnea monitor....it could be interesting).

There is somewhat of a rush on gussying up the house...the new preteen play area and some new walls we have to paint...thanks to the nanny...the rush is because we finally got our state clearance. We have to take everyone to the doctor for medicals and get 2 more of our references to send in their letters to Villa Hope...then it is home visit time. We are also having a super cool photographer come to our house on November 16th for our family pictures so I want to have some sort of picture - worthy place to take them!

Keith and I spent some time last night trying to find last minute...super cheesy couples halloween costumes. We didn't really find anything we liked...if anyone has a recommendation I am all ears! We looked at cinderella and prince charming, the incredibles, even Ketchup and mustard...nothing seemed quite right. I think our favorite one so far is either cheerleaders or giant penguin outfits.

6 comments:

Tapsalteerie said...

I wanted Sophie and Beckett to go as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf, but they were sold out of the wolf costume. Try BuyCostumes.com that's where I found Sophie's Red Riding Hood costume and they have GOBS of couples costumes. BTW, Beckett's going as a dragon and Xander's a pirate.

Brand New Mama said...

Ok, not sure how appropriate this is for your party, but last year I went as a pumpkin and we bought Jerret a plain black T-shirt and ironed-on the words "Peter, Peter." True Story!

Jes said...

brand new mama - I love that costume idea. Last year we went as Joe Dirt and the meteorite...yes, I was the meteorite! We wanted to do Beetlejuice and Lydia but didn't have enough time to pull the costumes together.

-jes

Brand New Mama said...

I forgot to add that we also sewed on real pumpkin seeds (only about 12 or so)around the words "Peter, Peter." and we used eyelash glue to glue a few on his face. hahaha

Morty Ortman said...

Hi Michelle,
My name is Morty Ortman and I am a sports blogger. I noticed you love the Ice Pirates and so do I. Well I just wanted to say hello! My blog is at http://mortyortman.blogspot.com. Thanks!
Morty

The Stevens said...

Hey Michelle,

Sorry for the late reply!! It's has been a whirlwind lately. I definitely want to get together when we head to Gadsden (but during a time where we actually have time to visit). I am glad it looks like we will be doing the adoption thing on the same timeline.

Post those pictures!!! Esp all those cute little Halloween costumes!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power