Tuesday, November 18, 2008

oops...i was tagged

I almost never get tagged...I was reading Leigh's blog and saw that she tagged Michelle....but I totally thought it must be someone else...I guess that is the curse of the common name! SO.....

6 things that make me happy! I don't know if I can limit it to 6 things!



1. My husband. There is a short story I read in school a long time ago about a guy who paid 8 cows (I think it was 8) for his wife. Everyone in her village thought he was crazy to pay so much for her....To him, she was worth 8 cows for several great reasons. Of course, woman purchasing themes aside....I feel like an 8 cow wife. I never in a million years would expect any person in the world to do all that he does for me...I am constantly surprised at how caring, amazing he is to me. I can not imagine my life without him. I know I am always mushy about Keith...but he is really, really, really great. He is the kind of husband every parent wants for their daughter...that is for sure.



2. My kids....they are probably tied with number 1...although it is close. Lilianna is a bundle of joy and energy and drama. She is a little firecracker that has so much love in her little heart to share with the world it is amazing to watch her interact with her brothers. Zeb wears his little heart on his sleeve and just wants to make everyone around him happy...even when he is sooo tired he can barely walk. It is so fun to watch him pat Benjamin on the head and say what loosely translates to "brother"...I think, at least. Benjamin gets sooo happy to sit up straight - his smile is from ear to ear when we set him up in his bumpo seat...I can't wait to get to know him better. O is his father's son for sure....he is so unassuming yet so smart at the same time - if Bill Cosby did that crazy...Kid's say the darndest things show ...O would be a star. I am super lucky.



3. My commute....I know that sounds crazy....and when I was facing the impending 40 minute commute I thought I would hate it. I was totally dreading it and complaining about it for weeks. Now I totally love it. There is one part of the drive when I am about 6 miles from my exit and you are at the top of a rolling hill and there is a slight curve to the left in the road and you have a spectatular view of rolling hills and trees and right now all of the trees are beautiful reds and yellows. Almost daily, when I get to that part of my drive I think to myself how much I love where I live. Now if like Rick Springfield is playing on the radio....I am totally in happy.

4. My job.....yeah...I like to complain and I do have a lot to complain about. There are a lot of things I don't like about my job....mostly it is the politics and some of the attitudes of my attendings. I love what I do. I think my job would make me even happier is I only worked like 32-40 hours a week....I mean really...there is only so much happiness one person can take!

5. Coffee....specifically a grande 2 pump mocha with whip cream. OOOH and coupled with piece of Lemon pound cake at Starbucks. Maybe on a crisp autumn day with a magazine.

6. Rainy, dreary days. I love them. I love the feel of humidity on my hair and face and I love splashing through puddles. Something about dreariness and rain makes me feel warm inside. You know....coffee goes really good with rainy days too!

I can't really tag 6 people, becuase I don't think I know 6 people who haven't been tagged yet...I will investigate this further and find some people. It is fun to take the time to think about all of the things in your life that make you happy!

2 comments:

The Stevens said...

Great reply :)

Jackie S said...

Great things to be happy about :) I'm totally with you on the Lemon Loaf from Starbucks...that is one of my greatest weaknesses!!!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power