Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving a day late!

So many things to be thankfull for...seriously. I wouldn't even know where to start. I find it virtually impossible to ever truly complain about anything....well...don't get me wrong...i can still complain about little things every day....expecially on the work front right now. There is nothing in my life that really sucks. In fact, the only thing that could truly get better in my life would be more time at home and more money. Those 2 things will significantly improve in 20 months....i can't wait.



So for Thanksgiving we went to Crackerbarrell instead of cooking and we had a $25 gift certificate...hurray! It was really good, we had Turkey, ham, and every form of potato on the menu. The ham was excellent and everything else was good as usual. Lilianna is at her dad's house so it was just me and the boys. Zeb did really good...it was a long wait and he did great. I know I shouldn't compare kids....but I couldn't take lilianna out to a restaraunt until she was almost 4 because she was just an impatient little lady who was not interested in eating at all. Zeb is just super mellow and happy to eat. It was a nice dinner. Right before they brought out our food...a woman came up to us and started telling us that her daughter lives in california and had adopted a little boy from Korea and his name was Zeke and then she started giving Zeb kisses on the forehead and saying little baby compliment type things and calling him Zeke... then she left...it was really weird. I thought maybe Keith knew her or something...but um...now he didn't. It was a little weird.

Today is Zeb's birthday, but we are celebrating tomorrow..I am making a cake tonight. My one expression of domesticity has become baking cakes and decorating them for birthdays. I like to bake....maybe because I like to eat desserts. I will be sure to post pictures of the impending second birthday of Z. Unfortunately, Lilianna is at her dad's this weekend, but I have promised to save her some cake.

1 comment:

Margaret and Tom said...

I want to see pictures of the cake :) Happy Birthday Zeb!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power