Friday, December 12, 2008

tagged

I've been tagged by Mala (since I don't know how to embed links in my text...see at the sidebar!). I first met her online when she emailed me from a post on adoption.com forums for kyrgyzstan. I was able to psychic-ly guess who her son was.


Rules of the tag: list these rules on your blog. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their name as well as a link to their blog Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.





I will be honest...this is really hard....a little over a year ago I did the 100 interesting facts about yourself and I could only think of like 70 so I think it is going to be really hard. All of the fun, crazy things are already out there. If you want to read them...I could embed it here...but I don't know how so instead click on the label tagged!


1. I love listening to the Christmas Music chanel on the radio -who knew so many people covered O Holy night. My favorite are the songs by Neil Diamond....he is Jewish and has Christmas albums...love it! Seriously, though I do love Neil Diamond.


2. I am going through a serious bout of nesting right now. Things are still stopped dead in kyrgyzstan ...but there seems to be a ray of hope of things starting to move in January. I talked to Karen today and have been baking since about 4 this afternoon...it is now 1020 and I am about to head to the store for more supplies.

3. I totally hate that stupid elf thing that all the kids have right now. My step son turned 9yo yesterday and tonight he had to put out crackers and water for his "elf" to eat. Santa clause...fine...put out some cookies....but he is totally a 9 yo boy playing with a dolls. Actually, I don't have a problem with a 9 yo boy playing with dolls....but he better not be calling my 2 yr old boy wearing my 5 year old daughters purple dress up shoes a sissy. Yes that was a run on sentence.....today at dinner O called Z a sissy because he was so excited to put on Lilianna's purple dress up shoes. Then O turns around and has to put out crackers to feed his doll.

4. I'm really whiny tonight....oh that is obvious...i don't need to put that on the list! So I totally am annoyed by teachers pets.....especially teachers pets that are the mom's of the kids in the class. Dude, you are 30 yo ...you don't need to suck up and try to be the favorite mom of your daughter's kindergarten teacher. By the way...that suck up brought her daughter's elf to the class christmas party "look so and so...your elf is here....up on the shelf". I really can't explain my irrational dislike of those darn elves. I am sure they (teacher pet moms and elves) all hate the rebel mom who thumbs her nose at the "man" or the 40yo, 4 foot tall, 100kg , rainbow glass frame wearing school marm.....whichever the case may be. ooh I feel better already.

5. The first car I ever bought all on my own was a 2 door toyota echo...silver. I totally loved it. I don't think I will ever have a small car again though....too many kids. Although, Keith and I did talk breifly about getting a smart car for our 40 mile commute. I suppose it is a lot more likely we will get an even bigger vehicle of some sort.

6. I totally love being a land lord - even though we fell into it by necessity. I would like to keep it going.

7. I love reading celebrity gossip magazines and I think that Angelina Joli is super cool

Just about everyone I know has already been tagged either by this one already... so if you are reading this, have a blog and haven't been tagged by this one....please post here and then tell us 7 interesting things!

1 comment:

Mala said...

Celebrity gossip is about the only news I'm current on!

Oh and I guess I'm pretty lucky... I have no idea what you're talking about with these "Elf" things. By the sounds of it, let's keep it that way, shall we?

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power