Friday, February 6, 2009

UGG

So in my new spirit of optimism I had prepared all of my paperwork for notarizing on Wednesday when i was post call...I got everything done...I mean ...everything was notarized and I was just waiting for my notarized homestudy so I could go next week to get things certified in my county and then for the state certification. Then Wednesday night I got an email that I needed to get another child abuse clearance for the state of Louisiana...which I hadn't officially lived in in the last 5 years. I was furious and I totally lost it.
We had been just sitting on our hands for 6 months while we waited for 6 months to pass since Benjamin's birth. We had gotten all of our other clearances done so that we would be ready to go...I ranted and I raved for hours....I couldn't get to sleep that night. I was just beside myself with frustration....it really isn't like me to lose it that way about something like this....but I did.
Then I filled in the request and Keith faxed it to the homestudy agency Thursday morning...the day our homestudy was supposed to be sent to the state of Alabama for approval. He also faxed it to Louisiana. I settled in for a wait...you know....i figured getting clearance from a state would take a week at best. By 320pm, I received an email that my homestudy agency had received the clearance and were mailing out my homestudy.
So, the moral of the story is....boy am I an idiot for having a totaly come apart and losing an entire night of sleep over something like that !

5 comments:

Cindy LaJoy said...

Hahaha! Michelle I love that we are going through this again at the same time...but wish it was without the frustrations :-)

Michelle said...

I totally miss Tina though....come on Tina...don't you want to do this again?!

Tapsalteerie said...

I remember doing the rants of frustration... Glad it worked out though :)

Brand New Mama said...

It's always something isn't it? Keep jumping through those hoops - it won't be much longer!

Marnie and Jeremy said...

I am ranting right beside you! I started my homestudy update last July and it was finally completed last week. After telling us all our paperwork was together and we just needed a home visit, I found out that they lost our reference letters for a second time. Then they thought we were going to need clearances from every state we lived in since we were 18. That would be 8 states! After they mentioned Hague for a 3rd time, I clarified that Korea is NOT a Hague country. Things got easier from that point on. Best wishes on everything! I can't wait for your boy to get home.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power