Friday, April 17, 2009

Hope





I know I was depressed yesterday...and I maybe a little depressed today...although i think I am snapping out of it. All in all I am super lucky and I have so much to look forward to...my present is pretty great too. I started thinking about what in my life makes it so great.

I think it is that I have so many plans and things to look forward to. One of our favorite things to do is talk about the future and things we are going to do.....whether it is building our super house/compound or the trips we are going to take. Our lives right now are like the lives of children...we feel like we have so many options and opportunities. I haven't always felt this way...there have been times in my life when I felt totally helpless and powerless and futureless. Now that was not fun at all.

So sometimes when i get a little depressed about whatever...I remind myself that I have hope. Seriously. I sometimes get upset and a little wrapped up in the world of being stuck in the adoption process with no idea of when/if it is going to reopen.....I need to remind myself that I still have hope. The door is not closed and locked. Keith is a lot more levelheaded about the whole thing...I think part of the reason is he has no idea what is going on or not going on as the case may be. I know he thinks about it...but he doesn't dwell on it or read 50 emails a day from the Kyrgyzstan adoption forums (even thought I really like reading them!). The forums just aren't as fun when noone is bringing anyone home or getting new referrals or shopping and sharing cute pictures of clothes.

I can't wait until things get moving again so I can read some happy, hopefull blog posts. Hey everyone get off of facebook and update your blogs!

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power