Thursday, April 16, 2009

I am depressed today

Today is Kindergarten registration day...I was kind of hoping to be able to register Aaron. I was kind of hoping to at least know that he was going to be here for the school year. Right now I am feeling not so confident that he will make it here during the next school year at all.

I read that Paliament in KG had international adoption on their docket for April 24 - so I had been feeling very positive. I guess I just don't know where we stand - I don't know if we are a pipeline family or not. Most of our dossier is not in KG, but some of the documents are there and I don't know if we are going to be waiting for years or not.

Honestly, if we didn't have a referral and if we weren't completely committed to getting Aaron home, we would switch countries. I guess we don't have a whole lot of options of countries anyway since Keith and I have been married less than 2 years and the newest addition to our family was less than a year ago. I know lots of people are working on concurrent domestic adoptions...but I just don't think that domestic adoption is for us. We are definitely called to international adoption.

We are waiting for Aaron, no matter how long it takes. I just don't know if there is another child somewhere we are supposed to bring home before we bring home Aaron. Maybe I just have a caffeine deficiency and everything will look better if I go get a delicious 2 pump mocha.

2 comments:

Cindy LaJoy said...

I am sipping my own Diet Coke right next to you in the hopes that life in the adoption world will take on a more hopeful perspective. Michelle, I wish I had words to help...although a different country we are in the same boat and if it weren't for our daughters our family would be done for certain, yet we find ourselves in limbo still. Keep your heart and mind open, keep hope alive, and keep examining what you feel is the right path for you guys. You'll eventually feel a leading in it all...but it may take awhile longer yet. Go get the double pump mocha!

Michelle said...

Life looks so much rosier with caffeine on board. Everything will work out the way it was meant to be! thanks Cindy

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power