Friday, May 22, 2009

What's up

So...there is a whole lot of nothing going on around here...and it is the kind of nothing that is very stressfull. On my way home from work the other day I was stuck in traffic. I was stuck...like chuck. Sitting at a complete standstill. I thought about changing lanes...because the other lane was moving a little bit...but there was no real opportunity for me to get over. The one bright point, was that the radio station i was listening to was playing some killer bad hair metal from the 80's. So I was singing along at the top of my voice...and because of the music...was not minding the traffic as much as I might have.

i had a revelation. My life is totally in a traffic jam beyond my control. I am stuck waiting for Kyrgyzstan to reopen, I am stuck waiting to find a job for next July. there is just a whole lot of waiting for things to open up in front of me. I am in a life traffic jam. I can't really do anything to move the obstacles out of my way, all I can do is sing bad 80's hair metal songs as loud as possible.

There is nothing worse for me than being in the position where I have to wait...and then add to it the fact that I don't have any idea what I am waiting for. At least if I could get a job I would know where we would be next July and I could start making plans...I am good with planning. Keith is good with planning too and dare I say the uncertainty is driving him a little bit crazy too! Of course, with Kyrgyzstan I don't even know how long we may be waiting.

So in summary, uncertainty sucks...waiting sucks....hair metal from the 80's rules!


PS

If anyone here knows anyone in the southeast that wants to hire an anesthesiologist fresh out of training...send me an email!

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power