Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good news?

So we found out a couple of weeks ago...maybe longer that because our dossier had not reached Kyrgyzstan before February, 2009...we were out. I was very sad at that news....that terrible feeling you get in the pit of your stomach. That ball though - eventually melts away and I had dealt with the disappointment in a pretty healthy way.

I had been perusing other adoption options for my family and yesterday I felt like I stumbled upon a really good one that I had decided I didn't want to wait on. Keith had really convinced me that we needed to wait on pursuing another adoption utnil we had some idea where we might be next year...a little uncertainty is fun...too much uncertainty is overwhelming. So I was sold and going to use all of my wifely wiles to convince him. I talked to the contact person and was really, really, really sold. I filled out paperwork, I looked up flight information...I was all in.

Not more than 5 minutes after I got off the phone with the coordinator....Karen from adoption alliance called me and let me know I had a month to get my dossier to Kyrgyzstan because we were officially on the waiting family list.

I honestly don't know how I feel about it. I am excited because I really want Aaron to come home...butI have already been through the greiving process and now I am getting excited and hopeful even though I know better. How can I really hope for him to be home by Christmas...can I really hope for this to actually end in an adoption? I don't know. Most of the day yesterday I was getting very excited about parenting someone else. Am I fickle? maybe....I like to think of it more as that I have a heart full of love for children and I can imagine myself loving so many children.

So, I do think of this as good news. I do want Aaron to come home as soon as possible. I really do want another child to come home to us too though. So I think I will just think about it a while longer and see what pops up.

In the meantime....all of our dossier documents have been scanned and sent to the translator and I will be schlepping myself down to Montgomery on Thursday to get my documents certified. Karen is supposed to email me tonight to let me know for sure that the embassy is going to certify documents. I love the whole hurry up and wait thing we have going on here.

3 comments:

Mala said...

WOW! That's amazing! What does it mean? What does it mean?!!!
I swear sometimes when God notices us starting to lose direction, he brings us back into focus. I'd take it as a sign, and a positive one at that.

smileysk8 said...

WOW! I can't believe all of that. I hope it all works out for the best for y'all!

Cindy LaJoy said...

Michele,

I totally understand your mixed emotions...you allowed yourself to move on (and rightfully so) in your mind and now it's like "Back up the bus!", and that doesn't happen easily!

Give yourself a few days, you will see where you really are in all of it once you have allowed it all to ferment a bit in your mind.

In the meantime, I will say I am happy and excited for you regardless of what you ultimately feel is best!

Cindy

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power