Sunday, July 5, 2009

One year ago....

I can not in any way shape or form believe that Benjamin is one year old. I remember right after he was born....visiting him in the NICU with his little baby CPAP on...in his 4 pounds of glory. I remember looking at this timy little guy reassuring myself....in one year...he will be just another one year old having a birthday.

Now here he is....a one year old having a birthday....but he is not just any other one year old! He is my baby. I think he will always and forever be my little baby. I am going to be one of those crazy mom's that thinks of him as a baby forever. He will probably be like a 6 foot, 200 lb sumo wrestler ...and he will still be my baby. Even if we ever have kids younger than Benjamin, I think he will always be my baby.

I think I wrote about this a year ago....Keith and I really needed to slow down and Benjamin's early arrival slowed us down. It is funny, last night we were talking about it and realized...it is time for us to do some slowing down again. It may be that every year in July we will be reminded to refocus on what is really important and to slow down a little bit.

I love kids....they can be great teachers.

1 comment:

mblatham said...

I CANNOT believe it has been a year. My, time flies!!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power