Thursday, August 6, 2009

when you are old....

There have been little signs that I am officially getting old.....saying things like..."because I said so"...and meaning it....the gray hairs that seem to be multiplying on the middle right side of my head...but this is the new number one sign that I am getting old....

I want to see THIS movie.

Now I know I am old...I really want to see it. Of course, I am on a baking spree and Julia Childs did go to my alma mater....but still...it is no "1991 the year punk broke"...of course that was like 18 years ago...another reminder that I am old!

5 comments:

Cindy LaJoy said...

Hahaha! I was just thinking when I saw the ad on TV that I really want to see it too! But I am way older than you are so it is jusitifiable for me :-)

Shea said...

I want to see it too :)

Shannon said...

OMG - the first time I saw the trailer on TV Kevin rolled his eyes and muttered something about what a dumb movie that was. I looked right at him and said "I really want to see that!" He was mystified.

We are such cheeseballs!

Mala said...

HA! I heard one critic say, "If you've been looking to take Grandma to the movies, here's your chance!"

And is it sad that my husband REALLY wants to see it? Yeah, I thought so.

Michelle said...

Mala....maybe your husband just likes to cook french food! There was one lone dude at the movie ...maybe he thought it would be a great place to pick up single desperate women. Although it does make me want to learn more about Julia Childs....she led a pretty cool life.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power