Thursday, September 24, 2009

OUCH!

Today we went to the travel clinic and got our Yellow Fever vaccines...ouch...and found out everything else we had to get and how much it would cost at the travel clinic (bigger ouch). We have decided to try to get the rest of the shots elsewhere.

The second big ouch this week is that apparently we will have a lot of time to figure out where to get our shots. Because we switched homestudy agencies, DHR wants us to redo all of our child abuse/neglect clearances which can take up to 2 months to get back. So..in one phone call I went from being a nesting PAP with travel stars in my eyes to a paperchasing fool with no hope for claiming the adoption tax credit this year...darn. That is not true...there is always hope! I just prefer the approach where you plan for the longest possible time that paperwork can take and then be pleasantly surprised if it arrives sooner.

I am sure whenever the pieces fall into place...will be the right time! I was depressed for about an hour yesterday..but optimism prevails.

In other news, I purchased my very own laminator and am laminating everything I can get my hands on...well...that may be an exageration. But they are pretty cool.

3 comments:

Tapsalteerie said...

I'm still excited to read along on this adoption journey. We've pretty much decided to hold at 3 for a while and I'm starting to return to my pre-babies life (which is why I'm sitting here with my foot wrapped and elevated). It's great fun, but depressing too... but we're going to go down this path for a while and see what happens... you never know ;)

Michelle said...

You have GREAT BIG new babies that break feet! Hope your foot is less purple!

Tapsalteerie said...

Technically it's not broken, just bruised which has amazed everybody! I gots strong bones!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power