Thursday, September 3, 2009

We are in....

We have officially been accepted into the Beacon House Ghana program...Yeah! Now we have to get one home visit and our homestudy updated. I called our new social worker today and she said...I am open next week...I usually do home visits between 9am and 3 pm what would be good for you....ummm....does she do home visits when noone is home? If that is the case...well then anytime!

I have never had a social worker even suggest doing a home visit in the middle of the day....parents working, kids at school. I was a little taken aback by it.

A couple of days ago I got the rest of the dossier totally organized...just in case...new folder and everything! We need the new homestudy, a new medical filled out and we have everything else.

Oh yes...there is one more thing we are missing....a referral or two. I will be honest....I think we just wait for a referral like every other adoption program....but I am not 100% sure.

Now that we have been accepted, we got access to a special forum and blog. The forum had a document about communicating with the volunteer coordinator's...evidently you are supposed to contact them every other week...oops...I already messed that one up....Sorry Kelly! I will be an every other week kind of girl from here on out though!

After we get our referral(s) we would really like to travel to meet them and to be present for court. I am really excited about the travelling part.

Unfortunately, the news today came on a day where we were having lots of stress...so I wasn't able to celebrate as much as I really would have liked...it has been a kind of tense week around here for lots of unrelated reasons. One of which is Zeb's new found sleeping problems. He was such a good sleeper...her would go to sleep early, sleep all night, wake up happy. Now he fights sleep like a stubborn little 2 year old...oh wait...he IS a stubborn little 2 year old! Wouldn't it be great if we could just freeze 2 year olds and then thaw them out when they are 4 and 1/2? just a thought (or thawt...oh so bad).

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power