Thursday, October 22, 2009

Extremely Disturbed

Ok....I am upset and extremely disturbed by the whole Somer Thompson story. I know it should be disturbing and upsetting anytime a child disappears...but I have seen lots of new stories about young children disappearing and turning up murdered and while they have all been sad...for some reason this one really upsets me.

I think it is because I can almost see the scenario of her walking with her brother and older sister and them picking on her or something and her storming off. Now she is dead and how guilty and terrible must her brother and sister feel...would this have happened if she had been walking in a group with her brother and sister...probably not.

I am not sure why I have been very affected by this particular terrible news story...I just was.

3 comments:

Mala said...

Terribly sad! Who ever did this is nothing short of a monster. And so many lives ruined.

Jackie said...

This one is also bothering me quite a bit, too. It is disturbing and sad and it's just not right.

Tapsalteerie said...

This one has bothered me for the same reasons you mentioned. I hate to think about how the other children are feeling. Plus how must her twin be feeling?

So very sad.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power