Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Phone call...

So I am on call...and I am not feeling so hot. So, I was taking a little mid afternoon nap (as we can do at Children's because we are totally superfluous over here) and my phone rang from an area code I didn't recognize and it was one of the volunteer coordinators from Beacon House.

She wanted to get a sense of how close we are to having our paperwork done....we are soooo close. We really are close - I have our entire dossier ready in the appropriately marked file folders...except for 3 things:
1. Keith's medical
2. Our new notarized homestudy update
3. our I797

I emailed her our homestudy stuff so she could email it to Beacon House....because....Romana is working on referrals today. OK...now can you really drop the R bomb on a PAP and not expect her little heart to get hopefull. I had to talk myself down.

Our homestudy update is still at DHR...they were working on it today though because my SW had called them to see if they had received it and she said she was working on it right now. So we will know ...maybe this week if they will increase our approved children.

Then we wait for USCIS to process our ammended I797. I hope that doesn't take too long. Then we are done....

Oh wait.....Keith still has to go to the doctor....(cry of anguish). Ok that was a little dramatic! As soon as we have our homestudy and Keith's medical we can send our dossier and then really start to wait for THE phone call.

It was umm...impossible to go back to sleep because I had that "is this the phone call" adrenalin rush kicking.

I am getting a tad optimistic.

3 comments:

Mala said...

EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tapsalteerie said...

So exciting! I wouldn't have been able to go back to sleep either :)

Megan, aka LadyofMoonlight said...

Oh man, there'd be no sleeping over here either! Sending good thoughts your way!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power