Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Kentucky?

So...as you all know...I am currently looking for a job. I have interviewed at 3 places and I know for sure that 2 of them are out. I am still waiting to hear about one of them and this weekend...Keith and I are going to Kentucky for an interview. All of the other interviews were here in Alabama. This time we are venturing out of Alabama. I am very excited about this interview...mostly because the kids are staying with our awesome babysitter and we are going to have 3 days and 2 nights of just me and Keith.

Effectively, this counts as our honeymoon.....I suppose I could have counted our one day trip to Franklin, Tenn for the Together for Adoption Conference...but it was for a conference. Well, technically we are stopping in for a conference in Louisville also...but that is beside the point.

On this Sunday....Nov 15.....I will be able to sleep in. Truly sleep in....get up out of bed whenever I want to...yes ...me....I will be able to dictate the time in which I roll out of bed. I think that might be the most exciting part of the whole weekend. I say that now...but I think of Mala and her hotel misadventures with fire alarms....anything could happen!

Anyway....I am off of work today and tomorrow for the conference in Louisville and I am soooo excited to have time off. I feel like I need it just to get some things done.

We are headed to a small town for an interview at a regional medical center...so I will let y'all know what happens. I am sure you are all on the edge of your seat as to whether I actually get to sleep in on Sunday. HAHA.

5 comments:

Mala said...

Oh My, I just laughed so hard I scared the cat.
As I read about you "sleeping in", my inner monlogue was screaming "Noooooooooooooo! You'll jinx yourself!". Sigh, it's too late now. My recommendation is sleeping fully clothed, jacket and all, and have your purse handy. Oh, and you may want to request a ground floor room. Hiking 12 flights in the dead of night is no fun. trust!

Still, I'll cross my fingers that you get to actually sleep through the night and indeed wake up when YOU want to. Such a treat.

Allison said...

Kentucky is great (not that I'm biased by living my entire life here or anything). We have a great little regional group of Kyrgyz kids here too. We'd love for you guys to be close by!

Michelle said...

mala- luckily it is a bed and breakfast so there are only 2 floors!
Allison...where are u in kentucky? you can send me an email dr.mommy72@yahoo.com

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

Best of luck with your interview!

TheHappyNeills said...

hi there! it's kendra from Sugarplum Boutique! i need to catch up on your blog to see what's been going on since i saw you at the conference! did you read about the ebay fundraiser yet (through actofkindness.blogspot.com)? if you want to link to it on your blog, that'd be fantastic! i need more kyrygz-interest folks to know about it!

http://www.sugarplumorphans.com/2009/11/kyrgyz-goods-on-ebay-etsy.html

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power