Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Blind Side

I finally got to go see this movie on Monday. Nothing to say about it except that I cried through like 90% of the movie and if there is anyone that can watch this movie without being moved...they are broken.

I understand a lot of people have seen this movie, and I hope that 100% of them leave the theatre asking themselves how they can change a child's life. There are 147 million orphans...we all know that. The only number that matters is ONE....if every person that saw Blind Side decided that they would change the life of one child...that is a lot of kids. I couldn't find a statistic on how many people have seen Blind Side in the last month...but as of Dec 6 it had made $129million. You average $10 a ticket ..that is 12.9 million people...12.9 million children whose lives could be changed. Ok, that is optimistic, but if only one person who sees this movie makes a choice to foster, to adopt, to donate money to a family that is adopting. ..then this movie has made the world a better place. That is more than I can say for most other movies.

I might write more about this movie later...if anyone who reads my blog hasn't seen it....you totally have to call up the babysitter and head to this movie.

By the way...this post is in now way meant to be a guilt trip if someone liked this movie and didn't run out and sign up for the next foster parent workshop...not everyone is called to adopt, foster etc. Everyone can make a difference though...you just have to figure out how you can best do that! Donating your money, your time, your energy, your talents to any number of organizations. Heck...finish your Christmas shopping at www.147millionorphans.com. That makes a difference.

4 comments:

Tapsalteerie said...

I saw the making of The Blind Side on TV the other night and I was in tears just watching THAT! It looks like a truly heart-tugging movie.

Michelle said...

I cry every time I see the tv ad...then when I saw the same parts in the movie..I cried again. Even though I have seen that part like a hundred times. It is real. You guys have to go see the movie!

Laura and Tom said...

Michelle, congratulations on the adoption moving forward! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

The Stevens said...

:)

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power