Sunday, December 20, 2009

my far away babies..

We don't really have a time table for B and V coming home. We had toyed around with the idea of going to ghana in january and then kind of decided that we should save the money and that visiting wouldn't really move things along any quicker. In fact, we thought it might make the girls feel like it was taking longer...you know how kids are with waiting!

Today, I heard that one other Beacon House family was able to get through court largely due to having visited their child and providing pictures and passport stamps. So....that got me thinking that maybe we should go visit in January. I am waiting to hear back from our coordinator to see if she thinks it will help. We would need to get our visa applications in like tomorrow...so we shall see!

In other news, I unexpectedly received pictures of Aaron today....a couple of him in front of the orphanage xmas tree. He looks so sly and smiley and it broke my heart. These are kids that should be home by now..he should be home working on his English and getting ready to eat all of the crazy xmas baked items I am getting ready to bust out! I make light of it...but it truly made my heart so heavy looking at the pictures of these kids who should be home right now....I truly blame UNICEF for them not being home....so I am angry. I feel helpless, and I feel such sorrow for all of the time these kids have spent without mom and dad. These kids could have been home well over a year ago. If y'all are prayer's....lift these kiddos up and pray that Kyrgyzstan parliament gives the go ahead and starts signing some adoption decrees!

My husband jokes with me that we can not adopt all 147 million orphans in the world. If we could just bring home my 3 far away babies..I would be satisfied....for a while at least! haha.

3 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Michelle,

We never forget to pray for "A". We will add your newest babies as well to the list! Merry Christmas :)

Hilary

Michelle said...

Thanks Hilary...try to keep your snowflake dancers warm! haha

Mala said...

Here's hoping 2010 sees the wheels start turning again.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power