Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One of my favorite blogs

A Bushel and a Peck This had been over in my side bar for a while....She is an adoptive mom whose family is dealing with trauma in adoption issues. She is very open about their life, and the way they are helping their children work on these issues. I love...love ...love the clear and concise way she lays out what her family is doing and where it has worked and where it hasn't. It is an honest how to blog and she has beautiful pictures of her kids to boot. You may have noticed all of my pictures are blurry! It must be my camera's fault (haha). Her most recent post is about avoiding burn out. It totally moved me because it is so important.

I am right now in a working overtime push to make money for the girls' adoption and know I am on way to a holiday burnout...I have to push myself like this every once in a while. After my big crash which will come sometime in mid January...I am going to start following her advice! I am also going to try to start reading her recommended books...especially about truama. I have a feeling those books may be very helpfull when our girls come home.

I am gratefull for a lot of things in my life and I am very vocal about that most of the time...I am also really gratefull for this blog....It is one of the few blogs I stalk that I would email a request to be a reader if it went private...that is saying a lot!

4 comments:

Tapsalteerie said...

Will have to check out that blog!
This is the first Christmas in a loooong time that I haven't burned out by a couple days after Thanksgiving. We decided to keep things low-key and handmake the bulk of the presents and that's been stangely therapeutic. Although I'm not sure my eyes are ever going to recover from knitting in low light! EEK!!

Michelle said...

Shea...you are too cool.

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

You blog is great ... take care of yourself and don't work too hard.

Michelle said...

Thank you! I strive to be as funny as you! Or at least to have voluminous hair...one or the other!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power