Monday, January 4, 2010

no way....

I got a call this morning from the wonderfull adoption coordinator and she told me that she had heard from Beacon House and they wanted to try to take our case to court next week....and they want us there for court. YIKES! They are going to check with their lawyers and make sure they can get us on the docket for January 15 and let us know tomorrow.

So at some point tomorrow, we will know for sure if we are heading to Ghana. I am on call tonight and we have been super busy...I have our Visa applications sitting in front of me to fill out. Tomorrow Keith and I will get some photos at Kinkos and overnight our applications to the Ghana embassy and wait to hear from Beacon House about booking our flights and finding a place to stay.

It will be a minor miracle if this comes together....I will keep you posted. Like I said, I have been pretty busy today at work...but I have taken a few minutes to look at the pictures I have of the girls and I am overwhelmed with excitement. Of course, I realize, Carrie could call me tomorrow and say sorry...maybe the end of March instead. I have certainly let go of the idea that I have any kind of control over the timeline! Yeah!!

3 comments:

Tapsalteerie said...

Oh my goodness! I'll be keeping y'all in my prayers :) Keep us updated!!

June said...

I just wanted you to know that I've been following your blog and am amazed at the things you're able to accomplish. You're an inspiration!

Michelle said...

Thank you June - that is really nice! My husband would say I am amazing at spending his money! haha

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power