Monday, January 25, 2010

Travel arrangements

Plane tickets are purchased and the packing list has been started in earnest. We will be leaving for Ghana on Feb3...next wed 9am. We fly through Atlanta and directly to Accra. We should get there on Feb 4 735am. Then we head to our hotel/guest house that we haven't been able to actully find or book. Then midmorning (around 1030-ish) we will meet our new girls for the first time.

We took some pictures of everyone yesterday afternoon to make into a little photo album and we took the kids shopping to buy a gift for each of the girls. On Wednesday, I am going to do some shopping on my own and buy some clothes and some older kid things to do with Benedicta...maybe some sticker books or bead craft thing. Maybe some fingernail polish...although in the last 3 days I have gnawed off the fingernails I had started growing again...darn.

I am waiting to get some travel info from our totally awesome coordinator about our trip. I am not nearly as frantic or crazed as I would have expected myself to be.

9 days until we go....10 days until I meet my daughters...wow.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh, this is so exciting!!! I think bead making stuff is a GREAT idea! You guys could make necklaces and/or bracelets for her and some of her friends. I can't wait to follow your trip!

Tapsalteerie said...

So exciting! Can't wait to hear about it all!!

The Blaske Bunch said...

Hip Hip Hooray....EXCITED for you!
It is easy to coordinate for you since you are so organized, non-stressed and FLEXIBLE with the craziness of NEW process! THANKS!
C

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power