Friday, March 5, 2010

fed ex


March 3, 854 am...our I600 paperwork was delivered to the Lewisville USCIS office. I sent in the G11 whatever form which they are supposed to email us or send us a text message that they have logged in our forms and we still haven't gotten it.
So....we are 3 days into waiting for our I600 approval.
Over the last 6 months I have periodically called and email my Senators on various adoption related things....Kyrgyzstan, and the FACE act. Randomly, a couple of weeks ago, the Liaison to the State Department and Foreign Embassies for one of our Senators called me to see how our adoption was going. She actually called the week after we got back from Ghana. So I expressed to her my mild mannered opinion on the emigration process for my legal children who are (despite legally being my children!) sitting in an orphanage (albeit a really good one) in Africa because our emigration laws for internationally adopted children are jacked up. I do not beleive I used the word jacked up...but I meant it. She very politely offered to help in any way she could. So she will be getting a phone call from me in the next couple of weeks. I figured 30 days if we still haven't received passports or the day I get the call that we have passports!
I am really trying to be patient!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Turning wheels are always a good thing! :)

Michelle said...

I was just thinking about you and sent you an email! haha

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power