Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In Like a Lion out like a Lamb

When I was in 4th grade, I was in Mrs Boner's class...I swear to you that was her name....at least I am pretty sure that was her name...it might have been Mrs Bone...anyway...I digress. The other 4th grade teacher, Ms. Tims (Bab's was her first name...seriously..because her sister the other Ms. Tims taught like 1st or 2nd grade) used to decorate her two classroom doors for the month of March..."In like a Lion"...and it was a giant cuddly Lambert the Lion and the other door would be "Out like a lamb"...with a cuddly lamb. Sp I always think of the beginning of March as bad weather, gloomy, and rough.....and the end of the month as beautiful spring weather - almost summer, things getting easier.
As it was this year...what terrible weather, I was in the terrible ICU, we were waiting on every piece of paperwork imagineable to get the girls home, we had to plan our next year..where would live...everything was like a stormy, tumultuous wintery day.
Today is almost the end of the month..the weather is beautiful, we found out for sure today that we are going to be able to close on our fabulous new house, we received our I600 last week and today we got the news that..........
We have passports! This is not really either of our girl's passports...I stole the picture from The Blaske Broadcast....thanks Carrie!
So I am looking up flights and red dresses....because Alex wanted us to bring her a red dress to fly home in.
Don't get me wrong...we aren't leaving like next week to pick anyone up. We still have other hurdles. We are waiting for our I600 approval to actually get to the Visa Unit in Accra, and then our girls need to get their medical's done and visa applications approved. But we are getting very close.
Last night, I started thinking about what kind of cake I would be baking for Zoe's 2nd birthday...June 1st....I am pretty sure they will be home by then.
March certainly came in like a Lion and is going out like a Lamb. We have a couple other things up in the air and maybe they will resolve by tomorrow too.
I am one lucky mama!

4 comments:

The Blaske Bunch said...

Hip Hip HOORAY! for PASSPORT DAY! It is NO small feat for sure! I celebrate with you and am sooo glad you used the pic ofthe passport....it truly is a milestone in Ghana adoption.
I like the "in like a lion, out like a lamb"...sooooo TRUE for us as well!
Journey on!
Carrie

Shannon said...

YAHOOOOOOO!!!!! This might be the fastest adoption in history. What's it been, like six months?

Kara said...

OMG! That is so fantastic!!!!! Woohooooo!!!! Very exciting. Will be following along as you blog.

bbqdaisy said...

That is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAABELOUS NEWS! THANK YOU JESUS for this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE next step! I am so excited for you guys! Awesome!
Blessings
Maria

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power