Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Man...

Ok...I have a little rant. I got a little note from Lilianna's school yesterday that if she was absent one more time I would have to appear before the probate judge for truancy. She has missed 3 days this year. One of them was because it was a half day secondary to snow and we couldn't come home in the middle of the day to take her school.

I am just going to say it. What freaking business is it of the probate judge if I want to keep my 6 year old home. Maybe they should spend more time investigating methmaking moms who never enroll their kids in school instead of worrying about whether I am a good parent because my daughter missed school on September 21, February 16 and February 26th.

I am so fed up with the public schools here. Every week there is some new reason I have to send money and if I don't, then they find a way to make my daughter feel bad..."but mom, I need to get the special piece of crap pen from the PTO for bringing in $60 worth of paper". I am officially out. I am not buying one more box of cookie dough, I am not pledging a dollar for every time she sneezes at the PTO sneezathon or whatever. And I am sending in a doctor's note excusing her for every time she has been absent signed by my favorite doctor....ME.

If that isn't good enough, I am going to pull her out of school and homeschool her with K12. I am eventually going to ruin her social life anyway - i might as well do it now and get it over with. Although, I think she would like to homeschool. We are going to do it with Benedicta when she comes home anyway....we will just start early.

Rant over.

addendum:

Ironically, I posted this and went to yahoo and THIS story was posted.

4 comments:

Julie and John Wright said...

Hahaha ... You should see the notes I send in with Bekah for missing class... like " Bekah was not in class yesterday as she was not in school"...Like it is any of their business why she was not there... As you know we do a lot of traveling , and Bekah was away 27 days.in one semester .. at the end of the year,2 weeks after recieving her report card (Strait A's) and school out, they contacted us to tell us that it had come to their attention that Bekah had a truency problem and it was effecting her ability to learn... and that we were to come in to discuss how we could solve this.... I must say that if a student can miss what equates to 1/3 of the semester and pull of strait a's, I think they need to be having meatings to figure out how to fix their broken system, not my kid... Fortunatly for them they never persued this and the meeting never took place... Though whenever I am having a bad day, I am always tempted to give them a call and see if they still want to talk to me...hahaha....
Don't get upset... think of it as an opertunity to TEACH THEM for a change....

Michelle said...

My dad once said "Don't let school interfere with your education". He is smart guy and I think some people (and schools) don't get it!

Cindy LaJoy said...

I know...I know...it's off to home we go.

Pie sales, gift wrap sales, walkathons, book orders to encourage my kids to think I owe them one every time the thing comes out, disenrolling our kids because we were overseas continuing to do work there would be no report card for because they were no longer enrolled, giving my 4th grade son a complex over his body mass, making my kids feel as if they are losers because our family isn't "green enough" and I don't recycle or separate my plastics by type.

Tired, tired, tired of it all.

If 3 days makes a truant, than we are in trouble this year!

The Stevens said...

My sister got a letter saying the same thing when my niece was in kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN???? (alabaster). What the heck was so important in that grade? My sister cried for days, i was like how freaking stupid when there are some real parenting issues that are overlooked all the time!!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power