Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What a blessing!

I had a more stressfull than usual call in the SICU last night (one more to go for my entire life!). We finished rounding early though, and I rushed over to have a nice lunch date with my wonderful husband. Then headed home in the pouring down rain (which I also love...I know I am weird). I got home to my almost spotless house (going on week 2 of keeping our house extremely clean), started a hot bath in my totally awesome jetted tub and checked my email to find this:



A letter from my oldest daughter scanned in and emailed to me from this very sweet woman who is currently living in Ghana with her family serving God through Beacon House. If you visit her blog, you can see pictures of my girls...the very first picture to scroll across is my daughter acting dramatic...oh how she fits in to our family!

I drank a diet dr.pepper, sat in my bubble bath, listened to the rain hit the little glass block window next to our tub and prayed that my baby girls would be here soon. I swear I must be one of the luckiest people alive.

What a different post I would have made at 7pm last night! haha.

In other important news...around midnight on Monday night/tuesday morning, USCIS sent me a text message that they received my 1600 and in 7 - 10 days I would get some sort of receipt confirming that the appropriate field office had received our I600 and then 7-10 days after that I would get some other receipt confirming that all of the appropriate documentation was there. We are talking about all the way until April 5th just to receive 3 different confirmation of receipts. I love beauracracy!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

O...M...G - THAT is the sweetest thing I've ever seen! She did such a great job - I think "Zap" is a great new nickname for Zeb! You ARE one of the luckiest women on earth - right next to me!

Shannon said...

Hey - I just checked out their site - there's pics of V, too (I think) under Photos, Beacon House day one.

Michelle said...

oooh you are good Shannon! there is a video section on that blog too that has a video about Beacon House US and both the girls are in it. You can hardly tell B...she is dancing around in all of the dancing shots and V is getting her diaper changed!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power