Thursday, May 13, 2010

Birthday cakes

So,I have one birthday coming up in 3 weeks.....Keith's birthday! I am buying him a great birthday present...I can't write it here because then it won't be a surprise...but I bet he knows what they are. They are a little bit too big to wrap a bow around them and they are by far the most expensive gifts I have ever purchased!

He won't tell me what kind of birthday cake he wants me to bake him though. Even though we are totally soul mates...I have no idea which of my cakes he likes the best. I asked him and he said...."frosted"....seriously ..I said "What is your favorite cake that I can make" and he said "frosted". Do you think he means like this...


or like this.....
Ok....this one is totally cracking me up! I LOVE Cakewrecks...
We are heading out of town the night before his birthday because his presents are out of town...so the cake has to travel well and not require refrigeration...so my delicious red chocolate cake is out. I am not going to make it a tremendous feat of decorating like I do with the kids...or like these awesome cakes pictured above! It just has to be delicious and simply "frosted". So I am taking ideas....I made a very good butter cake a couple of weeks ago which didn't actually have frosting..it just had a butter sauce....but I could frost over the butter sauce...I am rambling now....

Step up and send me your favorite cake recipe! Oooh, maybe I can bake them all between now and June 4th and decide which one is the most delicious. Oh please...send your recipes...yum.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I have been a follower of yours for a while - and I am so happy you "will be out of town" for the birthday! So, for the cake that requires no refigeration and needs to travel well - you cannot go wrong with a TWINKIE! He didn't say the frosting had to be on the outside, did he?

Happy, Happy!

Bridget

Tapsalteerie said...

Jim's favorite cake pains me to no end... yellow cake with plain icing... yep he's an all vanilla guy. Ugh.

Not sure about travels-well-but-frosted cake. Will have to think about that one!

Shannon said...

Seriously?? You better not be yanking my chain here 'cuz I'm jumping up and down right now and everyone at work thinks I'm nuts! Spill it! Oh, and I don't think he's going to be the least bit concerned with cake, although I personally would go with a Ding Dong - those travel very well!

Michelle said...

OK to clarify....we ar travelling in this country no international birthday travel! Keith liked the twinkie idea...but I have to bake it..so I need a homemade twinkie recipe...I am on it! haha.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power