Sunday, May 30, 2010

Call is killing me.....

One by one, the hospital is sucking the joy out of my call days.  I have been at the hospital since 630 am this morning...a normal call day.  It has been really busy, but now it has calmed down and I want to do my daily blogstalk...except I can't because they have installed new security block out criteria so everyone's blog (including my own) is blocked.  I can understand doing that somewhere where people work like 8-5.  But here I sit at 10pm with 9 more hours to go and i can't even check my favorite blogs. 
 
Guess i will have to watch tv!  Apparently that is OK.
 
 

5 comments:

Julie and John Wright said...

I have the same problem in some of the countries in Central asia... usualy just before some sort of revolution or something...hahaha... You will have to set up Google reader. it will check all your sights for you... the other way is to use Bable fish ... then tell it to translate all ancient chineese to english.. that was as long as you are not tryong to read ancient chinees, you will be abl;e to access all your blogs and their links...

Tapsalteerie said...

Jim's hospital is progressively blocking things too so everybody either brings their own laptop or cruises the internet on their blackberries or iPhones... evidently at his hospital the most frequented "illegal" sites are real estate and boat sales! I found that very odd! They haven't blocked blogs yet.. evidently they block the top 10 sites that are visited every month or so... it's a weird set up.

Michelle said...

Maybe there is about to be a revolution at work! Sorry I will be missing it! haha. I am going to try those ideas John...thanks!

I kind of hope that my blog isn't blocked because it is one of the top 10 sites people read at work...that might be problematic since I just complained about checking blogs at work! haha.

Mala said...

that's torture!

Deb said...

I bought an iPhone just so I could check my daughters blog from work while she was traveling to adopt my grandson!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power