Friday, August 6, 2010

How lucky am I?

Yes it is that time.....it is our Zebby day. Unfortunately, we didn't do much celebrating today. I was the late person at work....2nd call so I had to stay at work all the way until 3pm....oh the horror! haha. I am on 1st call this weekend so I think I will be working all weekend.

We talked with Zebby at bedtime about his gotcha day...but we didn't do much else...bad parenting....maybe. I spent some time last night and today marvelling at how unbelievably lucky I am to have little Zebby with me. I know some of you readers have been reading my blog since before Zebby came home (3 short years ago!)....how unbelievably insane was I to adopt Zebby when i did.

I was a single mom to a 3yr old little girl, living with my parents, working 80-100 hours a week as a surgery intern...recently divorced...like finalized Oct 13 and started Zeb's adoption in November (the month my baby was born). What kind of sane person does that? Thank goodness I didn't let my brain slow down my heart!

So every year on Gotcha day I look at Zeb and thank God for my blessing and remember that.....you can't let your brain slow down your heart. So how lucky am I? I get to look at my awesome son, be gratefull, and also get a reminder of one of the most important lessons of my life.

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power