Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vacation planning...

Overnight I made an executive decision about our vacation. Keith and I had been going back and forth about what to do for our vacation at the end of October. We are knee deep in renovating 2 houses and paying off bills...so we decided we should not go on a big vacation. Then last night I remembered what my dad told me once....his only regret was that we didn't take more family vacations when I was a kid. Who am I to refuse to learn from my parents! So DisneyWorld it is!

Today I started talking Keith into it...so we started the planning process. We are thinking about joining the Disney Vacation club because...well...we love going to Disneyworld. I think the chances are pretty good that we will go to Disneyworld at least once a year for the next 15 years. Plus....with so much family it would be a huge blessing to have a villa thing with a kitchen and a washer and dryer.

Our life goes on ... but in the back of my mind is the the ever present question...when will my daughters come home. It has been 3 months that our visa application/interview has been complete...and still nothing. If we knew the girls would be home before then we might not plan this vacation....Disneyworld might be a tad overwhelming. If we knew they wouldn't be home by then then we would know exactly how many people would be on the vacation. Do we pause our lives and not plan anything just in case the US State Department finally grants their visa's? So we are planning the vacation with the hope that they will be home but with the sad realization that 2 1/2 months might pass with no visa's.

I am very excited about the trip...but it has served to remind me how very, ridiculously ridiculous it is that MY OWN GOVERNMENT is keeping my legally adopted children in an orphanage in Africa because they refuse to make a decision on the clear cut evidence presented to them 3 months ago. Literally, there is nothing gray or questionable about the circumstances behind the orphan status of my daughters before our adoption....nothing even remotely questionable. It is sooo frustrating and it is because the State Department doesn't have any deadlines or people they have to answer to...they can just stall forever and refuse to respond to my emails and refuse to do anything.

My rant is done....I am heading back to the OR and taking a deep breath to remember that I am clearly not the one in control here! haha.

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power