Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm at a loss for words

Our POA finally got an appointment with the embassy and after having our documents for 16 weeks decided that the state hospital issued death certificate was not enough proof that my daughters' biologic mother is dead. The interview with the uncle was not enough proof that the biologic mother is dead. They need more proof...what proof I am not sure....our POA is not sure....likely the Embassy isn't sure. At least they didn't tell our POA exactly what they want.

So the good news is that more visa's will be issued this week for families who probably have not been waiting as long as my daughters...but at least some visas will be issued.

I know that most people who read my blog care about international adoption, have adopted or have thought about adopting. So I feel like most of you can understand the heartache of waiting...can understand how utterly disappointed I am feeling, how sad I am to be missing 7 months of my daughters' lives. I don't think I fixate too much on it...I mean some days I do...some days are hard. Today is very, very hard. To learn that the embassy needs more proof of something that we could have been trying to get for the last 16 weeks...to have wasted 4 months of my daughter's lives. 4 months is a long time to a 2 year old and 9 year old. I certainly don't want to annoy people in my life by spending too much time on it...but how do you watch your 2 year old son do things and not think of your 2 year old daughter who you don't get to hold, or play with or cuddle with.

I guess I just have to get over it and move on without upsetting the people around me. I have to go to work and be nice and focus on what is in front of me, I have to quit thinking about it and just get over it.

7 comments:

Tapsalteerie said...

I was so hoping that you would hear some good news today... I know you are frustrated and I think that's understandable...

Michelle said...

Thanks Shea...I just don't know what they want from us? Literally, a death certificate from the hospital. They say that in the past doctor's have been bribed to write up death certificates...but what other documents can we possibly provide! They have already interviewed her brother who said she was dead.
I have officially lost hope. I don't think my daughters are ever coming home I am not being dramatic or negative...I really believe in my soul that they are not coming home.

Shannon said...

That is total crap! I am so sorry.

The Stevens said...

Don't lose hope, Michelle. Look at our story, our son's file was in another families hand then removed completely from the registry, only to be reactivated in GODS TIMING.....i feel your pain, we have waited for Aiden for so long and have the bureaucracy BS to deal with that only hurts the kids because they are suffering.......it really angers me.....I am praying for answers in your case......God is on your side....remember that :), if this does not happen, there is a child or children for your family...but i am not giving up on them......

Michelle said...

thanks Leigh.
And very well said Shannon...yes - very eloquently put.

HW Adoption said...

Michelle,

I don't know what to say. I am so sorry. Would a different POA make any difference? An appeal to your Senator? I know you know all your options. I could scream something in ALL CAPS for you. And pray.

Bridget

Michelle said...

Thanks Bridget...I have exhausted many avenues, Senators, Representatives, National adoption advocate organizations...you name it they are advoocating! The issued visa's to another family using our same POA so I don't think that is it.
I am sooooo open to suggestions though!
I am feeling much more positive today...now we have an excuse at least for no visa's instead of the eery silence of the last 4 months.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power