Wednesday, September 15, 2010

patience

So, I think I must be in need of learning patience. Why else would I have this huge lesson on learning to be patient?
My parents are living here until their house is done and I totally love my parents...and Keith totally loves my parents...but the giant drooling indoor animals are about to make his head explode. He has been sick since the week before my parents got here....he continues to be sick he just can't shake it. I think he is monstrously stressed out and there is nothing I can do about it...except be patient. There is nothing we can do about the house getting done except be patient.

They have started issuing the visa's in Ghana..but the embassy wants more proof of the death of their bio mother...apparently the death certificate and personal interview with the head of the family isn't enough. They waited 4 months to tell us they want more proof so now I am waiting until that proof can be obtained. Once again, nothing I can do but be patient. At this point our POA has been able to contact the family and let them know what we need...however, I don't have any idea how long it will take to obtain it. So once again...patience. Patience and complete and total helplessness. There is absolutely nothing I can do except acknowledge that I have NO CONTROL over any of these unpleasant things in my life and try very hard to NOT GET WORKED UP.

I am thinking about buying a bass guitar and auditioning for the praise band at my new church...what do you think...middle aged, overweight, tattooed praise band bass player or not?

2 comments:

The Stevens said...

Oh my gosh I totally cracked up about the bass player comment, i say go for it!!!

Rachel said...

Two thumbs up for the bass player!!!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power