Friday, October 8, 2010

abundance..

Yeah I totally have that. The weather is super beautiful right now. We picked the kids up from school and about $100 worth of Schwann's goodies that we ordered through a school fundraiser.
We got home and the kids had some ice cream and then all headed outside to play. We are going on hour 3 of unbridled outside kid playing. Bikes are being ridden, acorns are being collected, imaginary animals, babies, rocketships and houses are in full effect.

I LOVE that my kids can run around our 2-ish acres of flat ground - ride on our ridiculously long driveway and I don't have to worry about the street, cars, neighborhood child kidnapping perverts...you know the usual stuff. I don't have to worry about that and my kids can run around and be kids. We also have about 12 ish acres of wooded hills for the older, more adventurous trouble maker (insert Zeb's name here)...for later.

The sun is starting to go down, I am almost done with dinner, the kids are going to be exhausted for bed and it is Friday.

I booked our flights to Ghana, our POA has the visa's in her possession - yeah!

We are leaving on Saturday Oct 23 and arrive Sunday Oct 24 around noon. On Monday Oct 25th our little girls will be on their way home. I just found out about 10 minutes ago that someone who has been slugging it out with an independent adoption from Ghana will be on the same flight home with her new children that we are going to be on. I am soooo excited to meet her in person and share the trip with another family. It is really exciting!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That's it? Three days of travel? That is awesome! So, the REALLY important question - WHAT is everyone going to be for Halloween?? :)

Michelle said...

haha! I don't have costumes for Alex or Zoe...but at walmart they have little dress up outfits in the toy section (not the costume section) and I am going to get rock and roll princess costumes. I can't believe we are going to be in Africa for 35 hours.
I just got new pics I am getting ready to post!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power