Friday, October 22, 2010

tomorrow!

I did a ton of packing last night. I was on call but made it home by about 730 and wasn't called in all night...yeah!

We are almost done...we have basically 3 1/2 suitcases of donated items and some stuff we are carrying over for an internal medicine dr at my hospital for his daughters who live in Ghana...and then a 1/2 a suitcase of stuff for us! We are only going to be there for 35 hours.

So the girls are getting one Ghana (warm weather) outfit, two travel outfits, their dolls and some airplane distractions...including benadryl! We will by flying mostly at night with them so hopefully it will all go smooth.

I have to bake 3 trays of brownies for Lilianna's fall festival tomorrow (that we are going to miss). We are also going to miss Lilianna cheering on Monday night...but I got her schedule for cheerleading and we will have lots of opportunities to see her.

I am off to finish packing, bake brownies, pick up money, and try to clean up the house so we will return to a clean house...however, he kids will be in the house while we are gone so I have not a whole lot of hope that we will come home to a clean house...oh well! It won't be clean for a while!

I am very excited...

3 comments:

Shannon said...

ME, TOO - Excited that is! I can't wait to "see" you ALL home safe and sound!

Lynn said...

Hi,
You don't know me but I came across your blog as I'm currently a missionary helping out with Beacon House now. I'm a trained teacher back in Canada where I'm from. I know exactly the children you are talking about and I'm so happy for you!
Pray for safe travels. Hopefully I will have the chance to meet you at BH, I'm only there Tuesdays and Thursdays, but could be there Tuesdays and Wednesdays next week.
God bless, Lynn

Michelle said...

Lynn,

I am so excited to hear from you. We will be gone by tuesday...in fact, we will be home in Kentucky by Tuesday! I would love to hear any opinions about Benedicta's education etc! My email is dr.mommy72@yahoo.com

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power