Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas

Cindy Lajoy has a wonderfull post today on the meaning of Christmas. Last year they were in Kazahkstan bringing home their newest 2 additions and had a very different Christmas. This year they are approaching Christmas from a place of giving of themselves not giving STUFF.

I have such a resentment of all things stuff and my resentment grows at Christmas time because we buy so much stuff for our kids. Don't get me wrong - I love to see my children excited and happy - I just don't want Christmas to be all about getting stuff. I know it is my responsibility to teach them to find joy in other things. So that is going to be my goal this holiday season...to work on taking the dependence on stuff out of the Christmas recipe for good cheer.

Read Cindy's post - it is really a good topic to talk about and I hope to have some time to talk about it with Keith tonight.

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power